My training approach is known as 'integrated training'. The National Academy of Sports Medicine defines integrated training as "a concept that incorporates all forms of training in an integrated fashion as part of a progressive system." These forms of training include: flexibility, mobility, cardiorespiratory, core strength endurance, resistance, balance, coordination, plyometric (reactive) and agility.
- Benefits of Integrated Training:
- ✓ improves movement performance
- ✓ improves cardiorespiratory efficiency
- ✓enhances beneficial endocrine & serum lipid adaptations
- ✓ increases metabolic efficiency
- ✓ increases tissue tensile strength
- ✓ decreases body fat
- ✓ increases lean body mass
The training will be implemented in 3 levels: stabilization, strength and power. Each stage has a designated purpose that provides the client with a safe and systematic approach for progressing towards their goals and needs.